DaDaFest Rookies aims to increase employability within the creative sector for young disabled people through training, mentoring and placements within arts organisations. We are delighted to have received a grant of more than £275,000 from Big Lottery Fund to be used for the project.
The funding from Big Lottery will allow us to support young people in Merseyside and surrounding areas to develop their skills as artists and producers and enable them to pursue careers in the creative sector. The project will be led by young people via our leadership groups and local schools will be able to input their thoughts via quarterly forum meetings. Over a three year period, we will offer mentoring to young people, which will involve taking part in sessions led by highly experienced professionals. We will also offer flexible placements for young producers within our own office as well as with partner organisations.
More news about the project and details about how to get involved will be available soon. To find out more, contact Sam Wade (Arts Manager) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +44 (0) 151 703 2258.
- Find out more about our Young Peoples' Leadership Group.Read more about DaDaFest Young Leaders
- The DaDaFest Schools Forum is a vehicle for schools to feedback and input into the work of DaDaFest as well as networking with other local schools.Read more about DaDaFest Schools Forum
- We are offering time, space and resources of up to £1000 to allow young emerging disabled artists to develop their artistic skills, ambition and practise.Read more about Rookies - Development Grants
- We are offering sessions with professionals in creative fields to support young disabled artists to develop their career pathways through structured one-to-one meetings.Read more about Rookies - Mentoring
- We will soon be offering flexible ten-day placements available to young producers, directors and artists with local and national cultural partner organisations supporting the development of a diverse pool of future creative employees.Read more about Rookies - Producer Placements